2/23/2008

baby congrats

The first time I saw scalloped notecards was in a magazine - and I found some for around $8 for 10. Super nice notcards, but pricey for me. Michelle Wooderson came up with the idea of using a Spellbinders Nestability die and making custom ones! Thanks Mish, and thank you for the wonderful directions too!!! A family member of ours is having a baby boy - so I used that excuse to play with Mish's directions on how to make one of these....Well, they are easy and fun and the results are incredibly professional. I love it when I am able to make something that is less expensive than what is manufacturered, and still look professional. Seriously - it looks like I bought these and paid bookoo bucks for them! I used a Memory Box notecard in Blue Poppy - these notecards from Memory Box are white on the inside and a color on the outside. Their cardstock sheets are this way too. Quality product in both look and feel. Following Mish's directions I ran the Blue Poppy notecard and scallop die (their largest one) through a Cuttlebug, and used a small piece of white polka dot ribbon at the top fold. I then die cut a circle from polka dot paper and adhered. I punched another Nestability circle from white cardstock and stamped Lockhart Stamp Company's baby carriage, coloring in with Copic markers. I also used a Krylon Leafing pen in silver to edge the white circle. I'd recommend doing this edging first, and letting it dry, because if you do all the work coloring in and smudge it w/the leafing pen...oh does that hurt... :) :( I used a marker to make the dots on the blanket to mimic the dots in the patterned paper & ribbon. Dang I love dots!! The stamped circle was mounted with dimensionals. Thank you for stopping by & hope you have a wonderful weekend! polka dot paper - The Crafter's Workshop, white cardstock - Papertrey Ink; Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger);

9 comments:

Linda Carson said...

just too cute!

Deb Neerman said...

These are just adorable! Does Mish have a tutorial up on this project?

I can see making these for any number of events, wowsa, thanks for sharing!

Lana said...

Oh Cindy! This is incredible!

Paula said...

This is extremely cute. I love the blanket; I thought it was a paper piece. This may make me finally use my Nesties that I've been collecting, but haven't used yet.:( Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, as always! Love your work.

Conniecrafter said...

so darling!

Valerie said...

I *LOVE* this, Cindy!

Debbie Olson said...

Love this card, Cindy!

Plastic Card said...

So beautiful card. Nice design with perfect color. I really appreciate this.